Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Advent Reads Day 20: The Christmas Hope by Donna VanLiere

Welcome to Advent Reads!
This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!

Read for: Recent Purchase

Synopsis: "Patricia and Mark Addison have long given up the hope of having a meaningful Christmas. But this year, Patricia's job as a social worker will lead her to a very special five-year-old. Against her better judgment, Patricia bends the rules and takes the little girl to her own home.

Through the presence of Emily in their house, and her penetrating questions about heaven, the Addisons learn that there is no sorrow so great that faith cannot help you find your way through. And Christmas will once more be a time of joy in their home."


My Review: I am really glad I continued with this series. At first I thought this book was a companion novel instead of a continuation but the connection became clear as the story moved forward. I really like how this book was connected with the previous two books in the series, it really gives you that sense that we are all connected in someway and those small kindnesses that you think are no big deal might really be a big deal for someone else. It was really a great book for the holidays and really hits home. I found this one to be right up there with the first book, maybe because of the younger characters.

My Rating: I really enjoyed this one, it was definitely one that took me on a roller coaster of emotions but that is exactly what I want during the holidays.  I give it a rating of Four Paws!



Don't forget to go back and comment HERE to enter the giveaway for The Christmas Shoes, the first book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment