Friday, October 20, 2017

Bedtime Story: Go to Sleep Mom! by Mary Eakin

Read for: Children's Book Challenge

Synopsis: "This is the story of a young boy just trying to put his tired mom to sleep. It begins with him being woken by a strange sound. While sneaking out of his room to investigate, he discovers something terrible, a list of all the chores his mom needs
to do in order to sleep. Not only that but, he surmises if this is not complete, she may just turn into a zombie! In order to save his mother from an awful fate, the boy embarks on a plan to rid his mom of the terrible to-dos and get her to sleep."


My Review: I found this book at just the right time, it really hit both me and Munchkin. I am always up late doing chores and I think Munchkin is just now reaching the age where he is becoming more aware of things going on around him. This was a really sweet book and also a good reminder that there are better ways to spend our time. It also sparked some great conversations about sharing the chores and not making extra work for each other.

My Rating: This was a great story to not only remind me to go to bed at some point every night but also to Munchkin to help out with chores. We really enjoyed this book and give it Four Paws and a Stump Wag!


Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment