Friday, October 6, 2017

Bedtime Story: Animalia by Graem Base

  
Read for: Children's Book Challenge



Synopsis: "An alphabet book with fantastic and detailed pictures, bearing such labels as Lazy lions lounging in the local library.."

My Review: I remember this book when I was a kid (I don't know if it was at school, the library or a family member's house), and I would just gaze at the pictures finding little things in each one. I happened to come across a signed limited edition copy and had to snatch it up for munchkin. The illustrations are as stunning as ever and the alliteration while fun for young kids to hear is sometimes a real tongue twister! Munchkin and I had a lot of fun finding images hidden in the pictures, though I hope I can find a key somewhere online because there are a few things that I am not sure what they are supposed to be. This is a great one for rainy or snowy days to sit for hours looking at.

My Rating: I really enjoyed this little trip down memory lane and Munchkin had a lot of fun with it too. This is definitely a great classic to have on every kid's shelf.  We give it a rating of Four Paws!


Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment