Monday, November 7, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 38 - Monday with the Mad Genius

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
In Book 38 Jack and Annie continue their search for the secrets of happiness to cheer up Merlin in the time of enlightenment. They spend a day with one of the great genius's of the Renaissance period, Leonardo da Vinci.
 
 
 
My Review: Another great book in this series, though it didn't seem as adventurous as most of the previous books, there really wasn't any danger and it didn't have the urgency I have become used to in the series. It was still a great book with a great story, I enjoyed how Osborne presented the many interests of da Vinci, with his oddities and brilliance. I don't know if it will really inspire further reading or interest in the young readers but I do like the secret to happiness they discovered.
 
My Rating: This was not one of my favorites of the series, the pace is much slower which may cause young readers to loose interest, but at least it is so far into the series that dedicated fans will continue.  I give this one a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment