Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Audio Book Review of One Lavender Ribbon by Heather Burch

Read for: Mount TBR/ Audio Challenge
 
Synopsis: "Can a stack of long-hidden love letters from a WWII war hero inspire a heartbroken woman to love again?

Reeling from a bitter divorce, Adrienne Carter abandons Chicago and retreats to the sun, sand, and beauty of Southern Florida, throwing herself into the restoration of a dilapidated old Victorian beach house. Early into the renovations, she discovers a tin box hidden away in the attic that reveals the emotional letters from a WWII paratrooper to a young woman who lived in the house more than a half-century earlier.

The old letters—incredibly poetic and romantic—transcend time, and they arouse in Adrienne a curiosity that leads her to track down the writer of the letters. William “Pops” Bryant is now an old man living in a nearby town with his handsome but overprotective grandson, Will. As Adrienne begins to unravel the secrets of the letters (and the Bryants), she finds herself not yet willing to give up entirely on love."


My Review: I downloaded this audio book on a whim last year and am finally getting around to reading it. I really enjoyed this book, it definitely hit me in the feels. It was a slow moving story but one with such great characters that you can't help but be drawn into the story. And while it is a romance story at the base, there are so many more levels to the story. I absolutely loved Pops and his story is the most amazing one to follow. The interactions between all the characters seem genuine and the characters themselves are each unique and with good depth. I really enjoyed this one.
 
 
My Rating: This was a beautiful story, it was a little long and probably didn't need to be so long but it still made my eyes a little misty. I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad to hear it was overly long and a bit slow because it really sounds like the type of book is love. I might just have to try it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might still really enjoy it, there was just a lot of repeating the same type of conflict that I don't feel was needed for the storyline.

      Delete