Monday, September 19, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 33 - Carnival at Candlelight

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
Book 33 sends Jack and Annie on another mission all on their own with just the help of their research books and a little ingenuity and a touch of magic. They head back in time to Venice where they must figure out a way to save the city from a massive flood.
 
 
 
My Review: I must say now that I am a little further into the Merlin Missions part of the Magic Tree House series I am beginning to enjoy how it is progressing. We now know that the series continues in 4 book mini sets within the series. I also like how we have returned in this book to the research books and problem solving. There is still a much bigger element of fantasy in this book that in the original Magic Tree House books but it integrates into the history perfectly. This wasn't exactly my favorite book in the series so far but I think part of it was that the previous book was one of the best.
My Rating: While this was still a great book, on the tails of the previous book it just couldn't hold up. I give this one a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment