Thursday, August 25, 2016

After Dark Review of I Dream of Dragons by Ashlyn Chase

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
Read For: I get to meet her at a conference soon!
 
 
Synopsis: "THE HEAT IS ON
When Rory Arish and his two fiery dragon siblings are run out of their ancestral Irish home, it seems their luck has run out-until they arrive in Boston and find a paranormal-friendly apartment building. Finally, Rory has a place to call home. There's only one problem: Rory's new lair has simultaneously been rented to an infuriating woman who is as stubborn as she is beautiful and will not leave 'her' apartment matter how steamed he may be...

AND SPARKS FLY
Amber McNally is a down-on-her-luck flight attendant. She needs this apartment, and not even a fire-breathing dragon with his Irish charm and scorching good looks is going to scare her away. Holing up in their respective corners, a battle of wills ensues. Who will be the first to blink...or give in to their off-the-charts chemistry and decide to make this unorthodox living arrangement a little more permanent?"


My Review: I picked up this book because I am going to an author event in October that Ashlyn Chase will be at so I wanted to familiarize myself with her books. I am always a sucker for dragon shifter books and with Boston being so close I also love the familiar setting. This book is definitely setting up for a series (and may potentially have branched off another one of her books or series?), so there is a lot of information and even though it is set in current times with familiar locations there is still quite a bit of building with all the paranormal characters. There is also a lot of plot lines moving simultaneously and some times transitions aren't as smooth as I would like and you get jerked around a bit which takes you out of the story. I did really enjoy all the characters, they are all so unique with their own personalities. The back and forth between Amber and Rory (well really Rory and everyone) was very entertaining and comical. This was an enjoyable book with some very fun characters and I am looking forward to the next book.
 
My Rating: Even though this book is sent in current times with familiar settings there is still a lot of world building around the customs, characters and species that I think needs a little smoothing but it was still a very entertaining book to read and a series I look forward to read more. I give this one a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment