Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tasty Attempts; Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

I am now posting Tasty Attempts every other Tuesday. The posts will include a variety of recipes, maybe some of them turn out tasty, maybe others are failed attempts.
 
 
 
I was again on Pinterest looking for a simple casserole dish and came across one for Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole.  It was a pretty simple dish to make, I used canned chicken and deli ham and swiss cheese.  The sauce was super simple to make. I have had horrible luck with panko bread crumbs in the past but this method of using butter melted in the microwave worked out perfectly, it was nice and crispy at the top. 
 
 
It did take a little too long in the oven to have on a regular week day as by the time it was all done, it was past Munchkin's bedtime.  It was pretty good, a little bland for Hubby but then he tops everything with hot sauce or crushed red pepper.
 
 
And now I realize how much I really cook chicken, I promise to try to get some different protein and meatless dishes!
 

2 comments:

  1. I always lean towards chicken too. Don't feel bad. I hate stuff like this in the summer though. I don't want the oven warming up the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby really enjoys chicken, and it is a pretty versatile protein. We had some pretty cool days when I made this, we actually haven't even hit 90 yet!

      Delete