Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Tea Time: Russian Tea

This is a new series of blog posts to share my love of tea and some discoveries I am making as I dive more into that love. (And honestly, what goes better with books than a nice cup of tea?)
 
Nothing makes me feel better quite like my mom's Russian Tea, a warm blanket and kitty snuggles!
 
 
So I am pretty sure I shared in one of the first Tea Time posts that I started drinking Russian Tea as my first introduction, my mom always gave it to us when we were sick.  Of course if you follow the blog at all you know that I have been sick the ENTIRE month of March.  When I felt things coming on the first thing I did was gather the ingredients for my Mom's Russian Tea mix. I don't know if it is the comforting memories or if it actually does help but a cup of this always makes me feel a little better (even though it is temporary).
So I thought I would share my Mom's recipe with you. . .
 
1 Cup Instant Tea (it is supposed to be unsweetened and I could only find lemon flavored - so mine ended up overly lemon flavored)
2 Cups Tang powder
1 Cup Lemonade mix (if you get Country time or similar they are pre-sweetened)*
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
 
Mix thoroughly, add 2 generous spoonfuls to a mug of hot water (it is tasty cold too but easiest to dissolve in hot water).
 
*if you use a lemonade packet that isn't sweetened, add 1 cup of sugar as well
 
 
Hope this helps if you get sick too, or just enjoy on a cool day!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment