Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Tasty Attempts: Baked Garlic Cheddar Chicken

I am now posting Tasty Attempts every other Tuesday. The posts will include a variety of recipes, maybe some of them turn out tasty, maybe others are failed attempts.
 
 
I am always on the hunt for simple recipes and I came across this one on Pinterest for Baked Garlic Cheddar Chicken.  Again, this recipe calls for just about everything I always keep on hand, though I think I ended up using Monterey Jack cheese instead just because it was what I had on hand.  It was simple, I didn't pound the chicken out, I just simply cut the breast in half (I prefer working with thin cuts anyway). 
 
 
The chicken came out crispy on the outside but juicy on the inside!  Munchkin loved it, I loved it (even went back for seconds) and Hubby loved it.  The best tip I got from this recipe was to sprinkle some bread crumbs in the bottom of the baking dish, it seems to have absorbed extra juices so the bottom of the chicken didn't get soggy.  It was a little salty, so if you make it be sure to use unsalted butter and maybe don't add the salt, the parmesan cheese has enough of a salty flavor.
 


2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I wonder if I could do it with chicken tenders instead of breasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why not, I think as long as the pieces aren't too thick it should work just fine. There was also plenty of the breading mix left over.

      Delete