Sunday, January 24, 2016

Crafty Times: Customized Journal

Crafty Times is a new thing I am trying on the blog where I can share some of the art and crafts I have created (you can too of course). I really dabble in a wide variety of crafts and hope you can find something that sparks your interest or inspires you!
 
 
I think this is actually the first Crafty Times of the new year!
 
I am way behind on getting the last couple of Christmas gifts out and this was one of them. Over the holidays I couldn't keep my crafting supplies out so now I was finally able to make this gift.  I saw a bunch of customized composition notepads on pinterest and thought I could do that!
 


 
I made this one for my friend (and no she doesn't view the blog so no spoiling it).
First I stamp the 2 sentiments in versamark ink and embossed them with white embossing powder.  I then used Munchkin's watercolors to paint the rainbow. I then spritzed on some Color Shine teal spray (I rubbed it in a little to give it a slight swirly/cloud effect). I felt like it was still missing something so I used this beautiful swirly swallow stamp with a dark teal ink. After cutting it down to size, I used double sided tape to secure it and covered the binding with washi tape.
 
I am so happy with how it came out and have plans a set of 4 smaller sized notebooks in seasonal style.

No comments:

Post a Comment