Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Fun with Munchkin: Birdfeeder Ornaments

I have decided to add a new post to my list of things that could happen on the weekends.  As part of my resolutions for 2015, I wanted to do more fun things with Munchkin and as a family.  I will be posting sporadically about some of the fun adventures we are having together.
 
 
So I always try to hand make at least a few Christmas gifts each year. And when faced with a preschool class of 20 kids not including the 6 different teachers Munchkin encounters each week at preschool, I knew we would have to make something inexpensive or nothing at all. And I wanted it to be something useful and something Munchkin could make. As a result I was on a hunt on pinterest when I came across THIS PIN for birdfeeder ornaments and knew we found just the right thing.
 
It took a little while for the mixture to cool enough to trust Munchkin with and it was a little messy (but the best projects usually are).
 


 
They chilled in the fridge for an hour and were ready just before bedtime (and of course we couldn't go to bed until we saw them).


 
 
They are very simple but you need a lot of gelatin to make as many as we had to, this was only the first test batch, we had to make 5 more batches to get them all done but I think they will make a cute (not overly Christmasy gift since not all of the kids in his class celebrate the same way) and inexpensive gifts for his classmates.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Cool! I've been looking at these and wondering how hard it would be to make them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of his teachers really enjoyed them but making that many batches of them was a little time consuming.

      Delete