Friday, November 6, 2015

Bedtime Story: When Will it Snow by Kathryn White

Read for: Children's Book Challenge
 
Synopsis: "When Little Bear’s mother tells him it is soon time to hibernate for the winter, Little Bear hides. “If I go home, I’ll have to sleep for the whole winter. And I’ll never know what snow is like.” Little Bear is sure he’ll miss his friends Squirrel and Mole too who are already making snow angels. But they prove to be real friends in the spring-time."

My Review: I was hoping this would be a good story about the transition from fall to winter. While Little Bear's friends did use fall objects to show him what snow was like, you only briefly get to see the snow and then spring is back. I was hoping it would be a little bit more of a countdown to winter. Munchkin still did enjoy the story.
 
My Rating: I think this might have been a great book with a different title, it is a little misleading. It does have cute illustrations. I give it a rating of Two Paws.
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment