Saturday, October 24, 2015

Fun with Munchkin: Roger Williams Park Zoo

I have decided to add a new post to my list of things that could happen on the weekends.  As part of my resolutions for 2015, I wanted to do more fun things with Munchkin and as a family.  I will be posting sporadically about some of the fun adventures we are having together.
 
 
While my parents were here back in September, they wanted to do something fun with Munchkin (and me and Hubby too).  When asked what he wanted to do, Munchkin said he wanted to go to the zoo. We have been to Southwicks Zoo earlier this year, so we wanted to try one of the other (4 believe it or not) zoos in the area.  So we went to the Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence.
 
 
There were a lot of animals there that I had never seen before or even heard of, so that was fun and impressive.
This Bald Eagle was beautiful and out in the open, I kind of miss seeing them in the wild back home (even though it was terrifying when they would fly over your car from some road kill).

Munchkin got a little curious about this strange bird (Crested Crane)
 

The Elephants were so Big!

The Giraffes are still his favorite animal at the zoo!
 

This little monkey was obsessed with Munchkin, he came right over and watch him carefully and then followed us as we walked around the exhibit (we think it was Mickey's shiny shorts and shoes).


The river otters were so much fun, always swimming and playing and were really interactive with kids.
 


Oh My Goodness! I have always thought Red Pandas were cute, until now that I have seen them in person and they are way beyond cute! I could have watched this little guy all day but Munchkin was unimpressed.
 

They have this really cool interactive farm center for kids, they have a farm petting zoo type thing, a fake cow to milk, fake chicken eggs to collect and fake veggies to plant, pick and set up on a farm stand, and of course a big orange tractor they can climb on. Thank goodness we have been careful to teach Munchkin about taking turns otherwise we would have had a real fight on our hands to get him off.
 
 
There was even more to see but with nap time in the middle of the afternoon, we just didn't have time to see it all. We will definitely be making another trip next summer!
 


2 comments:

  1. I love the zoo! Maybe one day when I have kids I can go a lot more than I do now. I love your pics of the red panda. The one at our zoo is always hiding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the zoo too, but never took the time to go before Munchkin came along. We arrived at the zoo just as they were opening, so a lot of the animals were alert and eating breakfast.

      Delete