Thursday, October 15, 2015

After Dark Review of Hard as Steel by Laura Kaye

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
Read For: Simply because I love this series & author!
 
 
Synopsis: "After identifying her employer's dangerous enemies, Jessica Jakes takes refuge at the compound of the Raven Riders Motorcycle Club. Fellow Hard Ink tattooist and Raven leader Ike Young promises to keep Jess safe for as long as it takes, which would be perfect if his close, personal, round-the-clock protection didn't make it so hard to hide just how much she wants him—and always has.

Ike Young loved and lost a woman in trouble once before. The last thing he needs is alone time with the sexiest and feistiest woman he's ever known, one he's purposely kept at a distance for years. Now, Ike's not sure he can keep his hands or his heart to himself—or that he even wants to anymore. And that means he has to do whatever it takes to hold on to Jess forever."


My Review: This is a novella attached to the Hard Ink series, but it is really a transition from the Hard Ink series into the branch off series Raven Riders. While I have been in love with the Hard Ink series and was hoping for a little more time with those characters, I thought this was a wonderful transition. The characters were originally from the Hard Ink series and were slightly involved and this book highlights the events of the final book in the series but does a nice job of breaking away from that storyline. I really enjoyed both these characters, I loved Jess and her multi-faceted personality. There is quite a bit of background on both the characters, especially for a novella. Like I said this was a brilliant and smooth way to transition between branch off series, there was a great introduction to some of the potential main characters for the new series and the new setting.
  
 
 
My Rating: So, so sad to see this series end but Kaye did a beautiful job of wrapping things up and transitioning to the branch off series.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment