Friday, August 14, 2015

Beginning Reader Review of Moonwalk: The First Trip to the Moon by Judy Donnelly

Read for: Early Reader Challenge
 
Synopsis: "Illus. in full color & full-color photos. "The story of Apollo II's historic flight, from lift-off, through 'The Eagle has landed,' to splashdown and quarantine. Donnelly does a good job of setting the stage with chapters on the history of the idea of flight to the moon, astronaut selection and training, and look at the flight's effect on people in general."--School Library Journal."


My Review: Munchkin is huge into astronauts and he doesn't like the make believe stories that are more appropriate for his age, so we have resorted to more advanced books. This was a good one, it was a non fiction but it was written in a way to make it entertaining too. I am not sure how I feel about having a level 5 step into reading book, because I would imagine by this point the kids will be reading regular books, but it could be a good introduction to chapters and less pictures.
 
My Rating: I really liked the idea of a non-fiction early reader book, and even though this is way beyond Munchkin, he was thoroughly involved in this book. It does seem as if readers who are at this level might prefer a regular book over this one but that is just my opinion. I do however give it a rating of Four Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment