Wednesday, December 10, 2014

2014 Audiobook Challenge - Wrap Up

 
I joined the 2014 Audiobook Challenge hosted over on Book Nympho this year (check out my original sign up post)
 
I had originally signed up to listen to 5-10 Audiobooks.  I managed to accomplish that and more! 
 
Here are the books that I listened to (linked to the review on goodreads) this year.
 
7. Stay
9. Rider
 
 
Some things I learned from this challenge:
 
~ I don't like narrators with thick accents, fake or real
~ I am much more critical of an audiobook over that of print books
~ I am not fond of audiobooks over 8 hours (too much time passes between available listening times)
~ I found that books I would have given up reading, I continue to listen to
~ I love books narrated by the authors, you get the little nuances they meant and that you would otherwise miss.
 
 
Best Audiobooks in 2014
1. Frankenstein
2. Still Alice
3. This Little Piggy Went to the Liquor Store
 
 
Worst Audiobooks in 2014
1. We Bought a Zoo
2. Cricket on the Hearth
3. Stay
 
 
So there you have it! I completed the 2014 Audiobook Challenge with flying colors.  I listened to some great books and not so great books.  Found out some things about myself and my preferences.  I also found the joys of listening to audiobooks. 
 
 
Keep your eyes peeled for my 2015 Audiobook Challenge Sign up!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment