Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Review of Behind You by Carly M. Duncan

 
Synopsis: "When a mysterious attack lands Heather in the hospital on the brink of death, her family rushes to her side. Through an inconvenient maze of shadowed memory and family secrets, Heather can trust only herself to discover if her husband, parents, sister or aunt tried to kill her. During the course of their own narratives, each character confesses to their various crimes of passion, envy and ignorance, weaving Heather's mystery into an untraditional tale about seizing the opportunity to start over."

My Review:   I do not normally read mysteries but having read and enjoyed a book by Duncan I was up for it. I found it very interesting and really enjoyed all the various viewpoints of the characters. There are a lot of underlying story lines and characters but you aren't left feeling overwhelmed or confused, instead you are drawn into the story and can't help but pick away at details to draw your own conclusions. It is a captivating read, so much so that you don't realize how long you have been sitting in one spot reading.
  
 
My Rating: This was an interesting change up of my normal reading preferences and it kept me involved.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
Behind You was sent to me by the author for an honest review.
 
You can find out more about Carly Duncan and her work on her Goodreads Page or Website.
 
You can also obtain your own copy of Behind You in digital or print format on Amazon and in print format from Barnes & Noble.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment