Saturday, March 1, 2014

Graphic Novel Review of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic #1 by Kate Cook

 
Synopsis: "Welcome to Ponyville, home of Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and all your other favorite Ponies! Something's not right in the town though, as some of the inhabitants are acting very, very strange! It's up to the Mane Six to find the source of the weirdness before it's too late!"

My Review: I am a huge fan of MLP and have been since I was kid so was very excited about these graphic novels. I enjoyed the artwork and all the little touches in the illustrations (I spotted a G1 Firefly). The storyline starts out really great, what you would expect of the Mane Six, I did find it odd that they could be torn apart after being friends for so long and knowing what they were up against. As a fan I will still continue reading the series of course.
 
My Rating: The storyline was average for me but the art was great, I loved the little hints back to where MLP started. I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm not as big a fan of my little ponies and I know they're different now but I always loved them when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea the new MLPs are a lot different than the ones we grew up with and I didn't think I would like them as much as I ended up liking them.

      Delete