Thursday, September 12, 2013

After Dark Review of Wyoming Fierce by Diana Palmer

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
Synopsis: "Ranch owner Cane Kirk lost more than his arm in the war. He lost his way, battling his inner demons by challenging any cowboy unfortunate enough to get in his way. No one seems to be able to cool him down, except beautiful Bodie Mays. Bodie doesn't mind saving Cane from himself, even if he is a little too tempting for her own peace of mind.

But soon Bodie's the one who finds herself in need of rescuing only, she's afraid to tell Cane what's really going on. How can she trust someone as unpredictable as this fierce cowboy? When her silence only ends up getting her into even deeper hot water, it's up to Cane to save the day. And if he does it right, he won't be riding off into the sunset alone."


My Review: I struggled with this one. As I said in my review of Wyoming Tough (Book 1 of the series) that I felt the author was talking to me like I was unable to retain simple details. So many things were repeated again and again, sometimes even in the same paragraph. At times it felt like a slap in the face and that she didn't respect me as a reader. I also found the characters personalities to have some inconsistencies, especially with Bodie. She was strong and conservative one moment and then the next she was weepy and going against all she believed. That said though, I still found myself caring about the characters, enough so that I may put myself through reading the next book. This was also an audio book and I found it kind of odd that it was a male narrator. I don't know why it was odd for me but once I settled in to it I found that his voice and accent worked perfectly for the male characters of the story. That may have been what saved the whole book for me.
 
My Rating: I truly have no idea why I keep reading this series or books by this author, they drive me crazy with the repetition! Yet I continue to read them, I think I am maybe a little home sick and will take any glimpse I can of Wyoming.  I give this a rating of One Paw and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment