Monday, February 18, 2013

Bedtime Story: You Are My Wish Come True




Synopsis: ""Mama," said Barley.
"Tell me again how I'm your wish come true."
Barley Bear loves to hear about how he was Mama's special wish. So begins You Are My Wish Come True, a tender tale of devotion between parent and child. Settled into their favorite cuddle spot, Mama reassures Barley that he was wished for, prayed for and waited for. And that he is far more beautiful and precious than she could have ever imagined!
Endearing prose and charming watercolor illustrations make this book a delightful way to cozy up with a beloved child."


My Review: This is a great book for sharing your love with your little ones. It is a little advanced for Munchkin and would be better for a preschooler or kindergartener. The images are more water color and not very clear but seem to suit the calming, intimate tone of the book. This could be a great book for children who were conceived through donation or fertility treatments as Mama explains that she loves Barley even though he looks different from her and she loved him through all the doctor visits. A great way to share your love for your little one, even before they were born.
My Rating: This was a very cute book that I enjoyed. It could easily get the conversation flowing between you and your little one and be used to answer some tough questions. I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.
Good Night, Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment