Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Years Resolutions - Pen to Paper

I am only a couple weeks late getting my New Years resolution up, but I have had it for some time.   So a little backstory first . . .

Back in November I joined a group hosted by The Book Queen called The Ink Readers. (You don't need a blog to join, and there is also a group on Goodreads if you would like to participate too). It was set up as a pen pal group for book lovers. Just in case you don't have someone near by who loves books as much as you do or that loves the same type of books that you do, you can find yourself a friend to write. 

I remember when I was in elementary school I had a pen pal in Pennsylvania and I would anxiously await the mail, excited to see what my pen pal had to say.  Now other than Christmas time, I absolutely dread getting the mail because it is nothing but bills and junk mail.  After a couple of months with Ink Readers, I can't wait to see if something special will show up in the mail and when a letter does arrive I tear into it and devour the letter as if I am starving.

So for the New Year I decided I would develop my love of sending letters and give other people something to look forward to receiving in the mail.  Besides letters to my Ink Readers pen pals I plan to send at least one letter a month to one of my friends and loved ones.

Additionally, I want to make it a point to perform Random Acts of Kindness, and one way I thought of doing this was to send someone a card with a kind note.  I am not too sure how to go about finding random people in need of a kind thought, so I thought I would open that to all of you.  If you have someone you think could use a little pick me up, a kind word, or just a little piece of joy please let me know.  I don't need to know why you are suggesting them, I don't need any background story, I just want to send a little card (and maybe an occasional small gift or two) to brighten someone's day.  So if you would like to suggest someone please email me at easternsunset @ hotmail .com.

Off I go to put the pen to the paper and hopefully bring a little smile to someone's face!

So do you have a New Years Resolution other than reading? Do you love getting letters in the mail? How often do you write to someone?

2 comments:

  1. I don't get many letters in the mail but on the rare occasion that I do, it puts a huge smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great knowing someone thought about you and took the time to write a letter.

      Delete