Saturday, January 12, 2013

Graphic Novel Review - Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci & Jim Rugg



Synopsis: "Noted young adult novelist Cecil Castellucci and artist Jim Rugg launch Minx with the Plain Janes, a story about four girls named Jane. When transfer student Jane is forced to move from the confines of Metro City to Suburbia, she thinks her life is over. But there is the lunch room at the reject table she finds her tribe: three other girls named Jane. Main Jane encourages them to form a secret art gang and paint the town P.L.A.I.N. - People Loving Art In Neighborhoods. But can art attacks really save the hell that is high school"

My Review: This is my favorite Graphic Novel so far!! I loved the characters and the story line. The ideas of art attacks to make people take notice of the beauty around them. While the illustrations were all black and white, you don't notice the lack of color, the writing and characters are vivid enough. I hope there is more where this came from . . .
 
My Rating: Definitely a Four Paw and A Stump Wag for me! I bet a lot of you will love this one too! A little teen drama, artsy and all attitude!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of graphic novels but I like to read one or two a year. I should try this one. It looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would really like it, I absolutely loved it!

      Delete