Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Review of Donners Bend by Alexa V. James


 
Synopsis: "Donners Bend is an engaging story about a young girl, Eliana Mae Henderson. Eliana was young and pretty, though not thoroughly convinced of the latter. After leaving home at an early age, she experienced her share of difficulties; but she knew this was her life and there was no looking back. Fortunately, she was not afraid of hard work or anything that accompanied her seemingly uncertain future.

As she navigates through the challenges, she finds joy, unwavering friendships, and courage; but more than anything else, what Ellie least expected... an amazing, extraordinary love."


My Review: A lovely romance. I really loved the characters in this book, they were well developed and easy to love. I want to be friends with them! Ellie is such a sweet girl that has so much happen quickly in her young life. I absolutely adore the scenes where when Ellie, the kids and Jamie played Peter Pan and Pirates. I also loved the Shakespeare scene between Ellie and Jamie. Donners Bend is a lovely romance that builds, a couple of love triangles but they support the story line beautifully. It is also a clean romance, appropriate for readers of all ages. The only minor issue I have is that the time period it is suppose to take place in is not very clear. It seems to have taken place in the Victorian era but yet there are a few inconsistencies with the traditions of the society, so that distracted me a little. Other than that I really enjoyed Donners Bend.
 
 
My Rating: I really enjoyed this book, it was nice to read a clean romance with great characters that had time to develop.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.
 
 
 
 
Donners Bend was sent to me by the author for review.
 
You can find Donners Bend on Goodreads.
 
 
You can also get a copy for yourself  in ebook format on  Amazon or paperback at Barnes & Noble.


No comments:

Post a Comment