Thursday, November 1, 2012

Music Speaks Readalong #1 - Gone Too Soon


 

Throughout November I will be doing a read along of Music Speaks an anthology of stories with music. I hope you will all participate.  Music, like books, can affect us in so many ways it only makes sense to have a book of music stories. I will be doing 2 stories a week, the first of which will be on Thursday. 

You can get your copy in ebook format on Amazon for $2.99 or in paperback format on Amazon for $6.99.  Sorry but its not on Barnes and Noble (I should have told you all to get it earlier because I downloaded it when it was free).

So please join me, if you aren't going to be reading along I would still love if you would stop by, I would love to hear how particular songs or artist have made an impact in your life!


Welcome to the first readalong of the month! The first short story in the book is call Gone Too Soon and is written by Christopher T. Grace.
 
 
Gone Too Soon is a short story about an author who hears the news that a famous musician has been killed in a car wreck. He is very affected by this news as one of the songs pulled him back from the brink at one point. The author encounters one of his regular waitresses at a coffee shop he frequents and finds out she is deeply influenced by one of the books he has written.
 
It is amazing how a song, movie, book or character can influence us so much! They can turn our lives around, pick us up or help us strive to be better people.
 
 
 
Is there a particular song, movie, book or character that has influenced your life?
 
 
 
I can't pin point a particular book or character that has influenced me but I read a lot of books with strong, independent female characters and I strive to be like them.  But I can say one movie and a song from that movie have stuck with me since I saw it years ago.  The movie is Rigoletto and the song that really affected me is Melody Within, every time I here it I am reminded that everyone has a story and to look for the good in each person and to do my best to bring out the good in them. Not to mention the music is just beautiful and soothing!
 


 
 
 
Join me on Monday for the next story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment