Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bloggiesta


 
So I am taking a dive and joining Bloggiesta in hopes of getting my blog in tip top shape for our big October!
 
 
Bloggiesta is hosted twice a year over at There's a Book Blog to help us all get those to do lists done and meet new bloggers (or reconnect with old friends).
 
 
If you decide to participate in the Fall 2012 edition you can expect:
  • to spend time that weekend (as much or as little as your schedule allows) working on your blog
  • to create a to do list to share on your blog and link up with other participants
  • to hopefully participant in several mini challenges and learn something new
  • to connect with other participants through blog hopping or twitter
  • to make new blogging friends!
  • to come away at the end of the three days with a spiffed up blog!

So if you want to join me and the rest of the participants head on over and get yourself signed up.
 
 
 
My Goals for Bloggiesta
 
1. Update my read page
2. Update my about me page
3. Get pictures and update my ratings page
4. Figure out more about Twitter and get my account more active
5. Get caught up on emails & respond to pending review requests
6. Schedule posts for October
7. Visit some of my favorite bloggers
8. Connect with at least 10 new bloggers (would love to connect with more)
9. Maybe set up a facebook page for my blog
10. Have some fun and learn some new techy things
 
 
I hope to spend at least a couple of hours each day online and participating, but it all depends on what Munchkin will allow (hopefully hubby will be home and can take him for a bit).

10 comments:

  1. Oooh! This is exciting! Can't wait to see all the new stuff, and to see you more on Twitter. I'm not too great about keeping up with Twitter. Most days I'm not posting anything on there. I need to get better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can get some updates done and get a great month scheduled!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited that you're joining! I look forward to seeing what you accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured if Jenny can do it, so can I! Just following your example!

      Delete
  3. Great list! I need to work on my About page, too. Bloggiesta is a great time to play around with Twitter -- although perhaps a tad overwhelming.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find almost all technology overwhelming, so I guess now is as good of time as any to get use to twitter! Hopefully everyone can teach me a thing or two!

      Delete
  4. I should have added number 5 to my list too! As well as number 9. There is so much to dooooo! Good luck on your list and I will be back. New follower Alysia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alysia! I know, there is just so much to do and I never seem to get around to it! Thank goodness for Bloggiesta!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping over at my blog and linking my mini-challenge. I hope you get to work on it some this weekend!

    For #4 and #9: http://hootsuite.com is the BEST to keep track of your social media reach. I use it to post updates to my twitter and facebook pages simultaneously and it's really good to keep track of twitter updates. I even have a stream set up solely for bloggiesta so I can keep track of every tweet that says bloggiesta and the twitter parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you D. Ann! I will definitely have to look into hootsuite if I ever get everything set up, maybe it will be less overwhelming that way!

      Delete