Thursday, May 31, 2012

After Dark Review of Twice Tempted by a Rogue

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)



Book #2 of the Stud Club Series
See my review of book one - One Dance with a Duke


Synopsis: "The daring members of the Stud Club are reckless gamblers and no strangers to risk—until love raises the stakes in Twice Tempted by a Rogue.

Luck is a double-edged sword for brooding war hero Rhys St. Maur. His death wish went unanswered on the battlefield, while fate allowed the murder of his good friend in the elite gentlemen’s society known as the Stud Club. Out of options, Rhys returns to his ancestral home on the moors of Devonshire, expecting anything but a chance at redemption in the arms of a beautiful innkeeper who dares him to take on the demons of his past—and the sweet temptation of a woman’s love.

Meredith Maddox believes in hard work, not fate, and romance isn’t part of her plan. But when Rhys returns, battle-scarred, world-weary, and more dangerously attractive than ever, the lovely widow is torn between determination and desire. As a deep mystery and dangerous smugglers threaten much more than their passionate reckoning, Meredith discovers that she must trust everything to a wager her heart placed long ago."


My Review: So I really loved the mystery that surrounded Rhys in the first Stud Club book and am so glad this one featured his story! Both main characters have so much of a back story and so much personality that they pull you right into the story and the little town. Meredith is such a strong woman and I love how she follows her head more than her heart. The sub-characters definitely take a back seat (except for a few), as well as the rest of the Stud Club characters, which is kind of a shame but it allows you to fully engulf yourself in the dynamics of the relationship between Rhys and Meredith.


My Rating: While I did fall madly in love with Rhys and really enjoyed Meredith, it wasn't a top book for me. It was a good, fun read, don't get me wrong but it wasn't as much as I wanted. I give it a rating of Three Paws.

Note: Very risque! Gets pretty hot & steamy!


No comments:

Post a Comment