Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review of Undone by Rachel Caine




Synopsis: "Once she was Cassiel, a Djinn of limitless power. Now, she has been reshaped in human flesh as punishment for defying her master—and living among the Weather Wardens, whose power she must tap into regularly or she will die. And as she copes with the emotions and frailties of her human condition, a malevolent entity threatens her new existence..."

My Review: Wow! That was different and exciting! I have never read Caine's Warden series, and honestly the cover drew me to this book. The beginning of the book was kind of confusing to me, mainly because I hadn't read the other series and it took some time to straighten out exactly what the characters were but it wasn't to the point of taking away from the story. I also am not a huge fan of 1st person narration but I honestly I don't think that it would have drawn me in as much written any other way. It was very interesting to see someone learning about humans for the first time. Undone is definitely a book filled with ups and downs, twists and turns. You can't help but feel for the characters. Cassiel is an ultimate bad ass! I love her! She is a fantastic heroine with some flaws, but still fantastic. I won't give away the ending but I will tell you that I finished this late last night and now this morning I am downloading the next book in the series!

My Rating: I really enjoyed this book and read it straight through in one day (with a brief interruption to drive home). I give it a rating of Three Paws and Stump Wag!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know this existed. I've read most of the Warden series. Maybe when I FINALLY finish it I'll try these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would be able to slip right into this series then, and enjoy it even more than I do!

      Delete