Tuesday, April 10, 2012

After Dark Review of Divine Disdemeanors by Laurell K. Hamilton

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)


Synopsis: "You may know me best as Meredith Nic Essus, princess of faerie. Or perhaps as Merry Gentry, Los Angeles private eye. To protect my unborn children, I have turned my back on the crown, choosing exile in the human world with my beloved Frost and Darkness. Yet I cannot abandon my people. Someone is killing the fey, which has left the LAPD baffled and my guardsmen and me deeply disturbed. I thought I’d left the blood and politics behind in my own turbulent realm. But now I realize that evil knows no borders, and that nobody lives forever—even if they’re magical."


My Review: Definitely not my favorite of the Merry Gentry series at all. It really seemed just like a fluff book to satisfy fans for a while. There really wasn't any movement forward in time or plot development, almost like a novella following a random tangent. I spent most of the book wondering what happened to several of my favorite characters that were featured prominently in the other books. I did like the brief appearance of Brennan and the soldiers. It was also good to see Merry stand up to her own men and lay down some law. All in all though, I felt a real disconnect with the book and characters.

My Rating: So having characters that I have become attached to definitely saved the rating on this one, I just hope to see a little more progression in the next book.  I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment