Thursday, December 22, 2011

Review of The Last Cowboy by Lindsay McKenna


Synopsis: "City girl. It was written all over her like a sign warning him to keep off. Sure, Slade McPherson would train her horse…With his ranch one bad day away from foreclosure, he can't afford to turn away a paying customer. But no way is this cowboy getting involved with a woman like Jordana Lawton—no matter how pretty she looks in a saddle.
Yet everything can change in an instant. A terrifying run-in with an angry bull tilts Slade's world off its axis, leaving him wounded and unable to compete in a race that could change his future, for good. With Jordana by his side, he just might stand a chance. But what happens when this old-school cowboy finds himself falling for a modern city girl?"


My Review: This was a wonderful book to take me back home. I heart Cowboys, even with their tough exteriors and forbidding personalities. I really enjoyed Slade's personality, though jaded and plagued with hardships he still manages to have a softer side. I also loved Jordana, she has such a positive outlook on everything even after being knocked down a time or two that should could break down any one's barriers. There really didn't seem to be any pointless characters, even the horses seemed essential and had fully developed personality. The ending is a little bitter sweet, since not all the conflict throughout the book is resolved but I think it made things a little more real since there really aren't any perfect happy endings in the world. It was really a very enjoyable, light western romance.        

My Rating: It was a good book, maybe not a great book but still a very good one that I enjoyed entirely.  So I give it a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment