Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Poetry Pause: She Walks in Beauty by Lord Byron

I am working in the poetry section of my own 2011 Reading Challenge. I had planned on posting the poems for you to join me in reflecting on them; however, I am not entirely certain on the copyright laws regarding some of the poets we will read. So to be on the safe side I decided to try to link you to the poem I will be reading.

Another option, if you are looking to purchase a book of poetry, I suggest Half Hours with the Best Poets (Barnes & Noble or Amazon)





This is a fantastic collection of poems, nearly all of my top poems are in this one book!





So the next poem is
 
The title link with take you to the poem
 
 
 
I love this poem, the rhyme and meter are what you would expect in a poem. I also love how he is talking about a dark haired simple beauty as opposed to the gaudiness of others. I love the comparison between the woman and night, how the smallest light from a star stands out against the darkness when in day the light is overwhelming and common. I am thrilled to have a poem for us dark haired girls :) This is a very beautiful poem and probably one of my favorite love poems!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment