Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday Write

So Wednesday is my official writing update day. I have so many story projects going on and I need a push to get some done. So I will be trying to post each Wednesday about how my writing adventures are going (and I may need a swift kick in the pants by you guys sometimes).





Current Active Project:



Princess Bs - 25,243 words

A story about a woman, recently divorced and returned to her home town to figure out what is next. She encounters an old friend and spends a weekend with him and his daughters. Feelings that are long since buried are rising up again, but are her recent loss and his current life going to stand in the way of their happily ever after?



I swear it is impossible to get caught up once you are behind! I nearly got caught up at the end of last week but didn't get anything done over the weekend so now I am around 13,000 words behind again. But . . . I have passed the halfway point!! This is the furthest I have ever gotten a story!! Hurray for me!



Other Works in Progress:



Tamlyn Marie's Grace - 12,072 words
Think Cinderella only with a matchmaker ;)


 
The Last Mountains - 15,352

A equine shapeshifting family is being hunted to near extinction and the young new leader must go against all her lessons and approach the elite council for aide. Will they help her? How will she keep her family's traditions and values alive, let alone her herd?


 
Night Rider - 17,229


Alice is a recent high school graduate who is a very accomplished competitive rider in Hunter/Jumper, Dressage, and Western/Rodeo. Her parents had arranged for her to attend a private college on the east coast geared specifically to equine professions. However, Alice wants to focus on her studies in English Literature. When she arrives at the college she hides her riding abilities, but can she keep her talent and love of horses hidden?





Other Ideas Plotting:



The New Old Home

A lottery won and what is decided to do with the money.



Bloodsoar's Story

A pegasus struggles through life, ejected from the herd, near capture by humans.


The Assassin's Assassin

A student learns what the school is really teaching and sets out to destroy those who support the program.



I couldn't find an appropriate teaser for you guys in this weeks typing that wouldn't give too much of the story away. Sorry!

3 comments:

  1. I should really be doing one of these for myself, then maybe I'll be a little more motivated! Congrats on getting the furthest you've been on a story. ^_^ Being halfway done on a book is awesome. It's gotta be a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've got so many projects going at once! I really like the teaser to The Assassin's Assassin. Wish something like that happened at my school while I was attending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the key Jessica is finding time with no distractions. I usually write when I am at work where I don't have the dog, cat, tv, books and chores distracting me. I write about 500 words, then work on a file, then write another 500 words. On days when I don't have much work to do I can easily get 3000 in a day sometimes upwards of 5000 & 6000. It is a great feeling making the halfway point and its got me motivated again!

    Haha, its a problem of mine Lan, to have too many projects at once, whether its writing, reading or artwork! I have jotted down a few ideas on the Assassin's Assassin and am thinking it might be my Nano book in November.

    ReplyDelete