Monday, May 2, 2016

Monday Reading List



Its Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Share what books you have finished in the last week, are currently reading and what might be coming up next!




Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

There Was a Fire by Nancy Roy
One Night With You by Marie Force (After Dark)
Fishing in Narragansett Bay by Richard Grosvenor (Bedtime Story)

 
 Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

The Storm = 1pt
Slam and Dunk Go to the Moon = 1pt
Jedi Academy = 5pts
Princess and the Hound = 5pts
Sworn to Transfer = 3pts
Viking Ships at Sunrise = 5pts
 
Currently Reading:

Princess in Training by Meg Cabot - Audio - 37%


 Books to be Read Soon:


 

Total Points Earned
119 points + 20 points earned - 35 point spent = 104 points

Total Points Earned this Year: 528
Total Points Spent this Year: 424

Pages Read/ Time Listened
85:45 Hours Listened (none listened this week)
18,054 Pages Read (952 this week)

Books Added to Shelves

The Empire Strikes Back with CD - 5 points spent
Return of the Jedi with CD - 5 points spent
Force Awakens with CD - 5 points spent
Today I Will Fly by Mo Willems - 5 points spent
I Will Take a Nap by Mo Willems - 5 points spent
The Siren by Kiera Cass - 10 points spent


Interesting Tidbits on the Web:



 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I have had to slow down a bit on my reading, I have been doing so much reading for the Month of RI Authors, which I hope you really enjoyed, and then the Dewey's Readathon.  Household chores and other plans have gotten shoved out of the way.  So I better get those done before I get too carried away with my reading again.


Anyway,  today kicks off another fun event! It is Children's Book Week!! I apologize in advance for the flood of posts that are going to be filling your feed this week. I really love encouraging young readers and I have a wide variety of books for every taste.  Each day this week I will post a beginning reader book in the morning, a first chapter book or middle grade book mid day and then a bedtime story in the evening.  The only exception will be Saturday which is Free Comic Book Day and I will have 3 different comic books that are appropriate for younger and middle grade readers.  I have picked some of the best books I could come up with to share with all of you this week.  So I hope you will check them out and hopefully find something for that young reader in your life! 

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to your children book recommendations. I wish I had a kid so I read them more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you enjoy them yourself too, but maybe you can always borrow someone else's child for a couple of hours ;)

      Delete