Saturday, May 7, 2016

Bedtime Story: Graphic Novel Review of Goodnight Darth Vader by Jeffrey Brown

 
Synopsis: "Episode: Bedtime. Darth Vader's parenting skills are tested as young Luke and Leia won't go to sleep. Can he calm them by reading a story featuring, Han Solo, Yoda, Boba Fett, and others as they each settle down for the night?"

My Review: This is a fun book to have in any Star Wars fan library, especially those with stubborn children. I had a lot of fun with the way the various characters were written into this book and the art was fun. I will say though this isn't a great story to read to young children at bedtime, I never realized how grotesque and terrifying many of the characters could be until I had a child who suffers from horrible nightmares!
 
My Rating: While this doesn't work great for my Munchkin, it is still a fun one for Star Wars fans. I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Star Wars has some freaky creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, I never noticed it before but with Munchkin having such issues with nightmares I am hesitant to expose him to it.

      Delete