Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Bedtime Story: The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka

 
Synopsis: "You thought you knew the story of the “The Three Little Pigs”… You thought wrong.

In this hysterical and clever fracture fairy tale picture book that twists point of view and perspective, young readers will finally hear the other side of the story of “The Three Little Pigs."


My Review: I had been to a book convention where Jon Scieszka gave a talk and he mentioned this book, I knew I had to get it. It is a fun take on the classic story of the Three Little Pigs. I decided to read it because some of the kids were acting it out at Munchkin's preschool and he started having nightmares about the big bad wolf. This book did a great job of not really changing the story but just looking at it a different way that wasn't as scary. The illustrations are also really fun and different.
  
 
My Rating: This is a perfect retelling that worked out so well in my favor. Munchkin enjoyed it and soon after stopped having nightmares.  I give it a rating of Four Paws!
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment