It has been a while since I posted a book tag and I saw this one ages ago on The Readables Youtube channel and knew I had to post this tag. I kind of dreaded this one and may have cheated a little bit by not including any of the children's books, ebooks or audiobooks because that would just get a little out of hand. This is just strictly my physical book shelves. (Note: I counted up these books on April 18th so it has changed slightly since then)
1. How many unread books do you own? 370
2. How many books do you own that you have read? 716
3. Do you buy more books than you read? At one point obviously, but I have done pretty good this year!
4. Why do you think you haven't read your unread books? Time is of course the main issue but some I just plain need to weed out (and I have been working on that too, gave away 4 huge boxes a few months ago).
5. Are you going to go on a book buying ban? Nope, I have found that it never works out well because when it is over I go a little hog wild, so instead I just try to make sure to read everything I purchase this year.
This actually went way better than I expected, I have been doing pretty good with reading the books on my shelves lately. I am so glad to know I am not in the negatives here, I have more read books than unread books on my shelves! With that said, I like the fact that I have a lot of unread books, what would be the point of having your own library if there was nothing new to discover in it?
Have you counted up your books recently? How do you figure? If you post this tag let me know so I can see your answers