Thursday, May 5, 2016

Bedtime Story: A Big Guy Took My Ball by Mo Willems

 
Synopsis: "Gerald is careful. Piggie is not.
Piggie cannot help smiling. Gerald can.
Gerald worries so that Piggie does not have to.

Gerald and Piggie are best friends.

In A Big Guy Took My Ball! Piggie is devastated when a big guy takes her ball! Gerald is big, too...but is he big enough to help his best friend?"


My Review: I know that Mo Willems has been all the rage with kids and parents for a while now, but this was the first book Munchkin and I have read. It was an instant favorite, I can't tell you how many times I have read it over the past 3 days! It is a fun and simple book to read (and great if you can do different voices) but it has some great messages about taking things that aren't yours and judging other people for their looks and sizes. It also sparks great conversations with kids (I had no idea some of the kids a preschool wouldn't play with Munchkin because he is still a little uncoordinated and can't always keep up with them). It is a great book that if fun for everyone while reading.
  
 
My Rating: I really can't believe it took us so long to read this book and get into this series.  Munchkin loved it so much and I will definitely be getting more of these books! We give it a rating of Four Paws and Stump Wag!
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

2 comments:

  1. I love these books though I haven't read very many of them. I think they're so funny. I'm glad you're enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really had a lot of fun with this one, and Munchkin has had me reading it again and again. He tried to have Hubby read it but he didn't do the voices right LOL

      Delete