Tuesday, April 26, 2016

RI Author Feature: There Was a Fire by Nancy Roy

 
Synopsis: "How far was far enough? Julia "Win" Richards had escaped her husband's sadistic abuse only to find herself on the road, adrift and alone. Then after a twist of fate (and tequila), Win makes her way to the Sears Ranch in Medicine Bow, Wyoming. Quickly, it becomes more than just a place to hide. Through the friendship of its crew and a ghost with a message, she discovers a home to heal her soul and, with one particular cowboy, a love that would heal her heart. "You are still her," a stranger's words that still haunted her.... But was she? Would it ever be enough? With the madman now obsessed with vengeance, would her new-found freedom ever allow her to recapture the woman she was before the fire."

My Review: I picked this book up at the RI Author Expo in 2015. I saw that this book takes place in Wyoming and had to pick it up immediately (I always love little tastes of home in my books). This book packed a huge punch, it took on a very difficult subject (Major Trigger Warnings for spousal abuse), but yet made it a beautiful story of hope and courage. I actually had to put this book down for a couple of days to absorb the intensity of the book. The characters were all fantastic, even the sub-characters, they were fully developed and unique. The imagery was stunning (and of course made me long for a horseback ride on the prairie). Keep in mind though as I gush about this book, that it isn't based on anything happy, there is a beautiful budding romance but this is not a fluffy romance, it is intense, bittersweet and stunningly beautiful.
 
My Review: This book was so intense yet so beautiful. I will definitely be recommending this book to others, and already have.  I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!
 
 
I had the pleasure of meeting Nancy Roy at the 2015 RI Author Expo, and it was wonderful to have a chance to chat with her for a few minutes when I picked this book up.  You can find out more about Nancy on her Website.
 
You can also obtain your own copy of There Was a Fire in print or digital format on Amazon or in print format on Barnes and Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment