Saturday, April 26, 2014

Readathon Kick Off Post

Hurray Hurray Hurray! The time has finally arrived! It is 8:00am here in Rhode Island and it is time to kick off the Dewey's Readathon. 
 
 
You can check out my Sign Up Post
 
I was up bright and early with Munchkin and got us both ready for the day and made us both a good breakfast.  Laid out mid morning snacks for both of us (yogurt and grapes for Munchkin and apples with peanut butter for me). Our schedule has had to change a little bit after an emergency room visit a couple of days ago. I have to take couple of short breaks throughout the day to give Munchkin nebulizer treatments and a doctor check up but it shouldn't slow down my reading too much! I have our stack of books ready to go (and a couple in the diaper bag for the office visit) . . .I couldn't find all the books I had wanted to read so had to make a few adjustments  . . .
 
so to start we have
 
While Munchkin watches an episode or two of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse I have
 
 
Then from Snack time until Nap time we have
 
For short play breaks throughout the day
 
During Munchkin's Nap time
 
 
 
Remaining books in the Pile for later in the day
 
 
Alternates (in case none of the books in the original pile capture my attention)
 
 
 
 
Almost just as important I have goodies and snacks lined up for the day too.
Smoked Gouda, homemade Summer Sausage and Rosemary Crackers
Peppers, carrots and ranch dip
Chicken Salad Spinach Salad
Chex Mix
 Butter Popcorn
And Hubby will be making Grilled Chicken for dinner!
 
 
 
So there you have it, my plans somewhat laid out for the day.
 
I hope to update on here roughly every 2 to 3 hours, I will also try to update my twitter feed with each new book I finish or progress throughout the day. Follow me here
 
 
 
Thank you and I appreciate any comments, cheering and support; even if I don't comment back right away (I will hopefully be buried in books all day)!  Good luck to all the other participants today too!  I will see you in a few hours (plan to post at 11:00 EST).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Woot! Have lots of fun with this!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun! It was loads of fun and I hope you are able to join next time!

      Delete