Saturday, April 26, 2014

Review of Dark Gods by Josepha Sherman

 
 
 
Synopsis: "Synopsis 1: When Sheila McCarthy first landed in the magical kingdom of Arren, all she could think about was how to get back home. But surrounded by her new friends, the beautiful unicorns and their courageous Unicorn Queen, she soon realized that hanging out in an enchanted land and doing battle with an evil wizard beat going to high school any day. When joining a royal procession through Prince Laric's land, Sheila and her warrior friends discover evil afoot near the border - in the form of a handsome but sinister king who will stop at nothing to gain control of the kingdom...and the precious unicorns. Calling upon the world's ancient forces, King Kumuru enchants the warriors - and forces Queen Illyria through a fog-shrouded portal! Only Sheila is immune to his dark powers, but even she cannot break his evil spell. Somehow she must destroy the ruby amulet that is the source of his power - but how!"My Review: I had a hard time rating this one, it was more of a 2 & 1/2 star book for me. Back to the same dangers and bad guys that Sheila seems to always be battling. It was a little bit of a shame that Kumuru was such a throwaway character, I think he could have been bigger than the author made him but he ended up just being a filler. The one thing I did really like about this one though was the Imps, I want more of the odd little creatures!
 
 
My Rating: This book just felt a little forced and the characters weren't as rich.  I give it a rating of Two Paws.


No comments:

Post a Comment