Saturday, January 30, 2016

Graphic Novel Review of Winterworld Vol. 1: La Nina by Chuck Dixon

Read for: Graphic Novel Challenge
 
Synopsis: "The apocalyptic international comics sensation of an Earth turned to an icy hell is back with all new stories by co-creator Chuck Dixon and Butch Guice doing some of the best work of his illustrious artistic career as they take on the bleak and frozen future. Follow Scully and Wynn from their icy home of Wintersea into a killing wasteland where the coldest place is the human heart."My Review: I have to be honest, the cover of this one drew me in. I enjoyed the illustration style of this graphic novel. You are almost dumped into the middle of the storyline and that is kind of confusing (they did hint at another GN that will explain how the two main characters got together). The storyline moves a long well though with plenty of adventure and some really interesting takes and view points. This is a series I do hope to continue reading.
 
My Rating: While I felt like I was missing something throughout the book, the story was still very intriguing. I give it a rating of Three Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment