Thursday, January 28, 2016

After Dark Review of Bloodlines by Leigh Wilder

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
Read for: Mount TBR Digital, Series Challenge
 
 
Synopsis: "Damian owes his immortal life to his sire Marcello, and now he owes him money too. To pay his debts Damian must board the Bloodlines Cruise Ship, which will sail to international waters where there is no law against turning humans into vampires. He must share his blood with one of Marcello's 'guests'--humans paying large amounts of money for the chance at immortality. Damian doesn't want to turn a stranger into a vampire. He doesn't know what he wants.

Jamie-boy is pissed off. Damian refuses to admit his love for Jamie-boy, and he begins to question whether or not it exists at all. To make it worse, Damian has been taken away by his beautiful sire for ten whole days. Jamie-boy doesn't give himself a chance to feel alone though, because an incubus named Trent is more than willing to be his new friend.

Loyalties and love are tested in this latest installment of the Deadly Liaisons series."


My Review: This was a very odd conclusion to an odd series. I can only assume this is the conclusion though as there have been no more books released since 2013 after a rush of all four coming out very quickly. Maybe it was a series that was simply abandoned. I must say that this series brings to light a more violent view of vampires as opposed to the classy and glittery view so many authors have taken. This book also doesn't give you an end all wrapped up in bows either. 
  
 
 
My Rating: I feel like this series as a whole wasn't thought out before publishing. Maybe it was supposed to be longer but the storyline and characters didn't grow enough to allow for a longer series, I don't know but it was a let down.  I give this book a rating of Two Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment