Monday, January 25, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 4 - Pirates Past Noon

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
This next book in the series takes Jack and Annie on a pirate adventure. They wanted to escape the miserable rainy day and landed on a tropical island beach. But with pirates landing and searching for treasure it may not be a peaceful retreat.
 
 
 
My Review: I am starting to wonder where these kids parents are, they are out in the woods in the middle of a nasty storm. Anyway, it is still quite the adventure and we find out who the mysterious M is, not who I was expecting honestly. This one almost has the feel of the end of a series but it clearly isn't so I found that interesting. This is a great book for those young pirate and adventure lovers. I did like how it referenced an actual book too so it will encourage these young new readers to continue reading.
 
My Rating: This was another great upswing in the series, I love how this book introduces pirate adventures and then guides the kids who liked it on to an additional pirate book. I give it a rating of Four Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment