Thursday, January 28, 2016

Pen to Paper: Gearing up for A Month Of Letters

 
 
Good Morning everyone! I hope you have all had a wonderful mail week.  I was super busy last week and sent out a very large stack of letters.
 
Thinking about this post and the upcoming month, maybe I should have saved some of my responses for then.  So speaking of next month, in years past I have participated in a letter writing challenge called A Month of Letters, and I want to invite you to join me and many others on this fun adventure. To get started you need to go sign up at http://lettermo.com/ it is a free site and you only disclose what you want to (again remember online safety).
 
The goal for the Month of Letters challenge is to mail out one item every business/mail day for the month of February. So this year because it is leap year that means 24 pieces of mail sent out by you. The can be simple notes, postcards, lengthy letters, valentine's cards, packages, etc.  The site also gives you fun little challenges to earn badges to encourage different forms of mail. I always enjoyed the challenge of mail your letters from a different location than usual, it is fun to track down a new drop box.
 
So in preparation for this month long event I have been gathering all my supplies.  Make sure to have plenty of stamps, you don't want to run out and then give up because you can't get to the post office to get more.
Have a stack of stationery, cards and envelopes ready to go.
Plenty of writing utensils and anything you like to use to decorate.
I also keep a to go set in my purse for writing on the go.
Also, make sure to have plenty of people to send letters to, here are some examples of who I will be sending to:
My Brother - its his birthday
My Grandma - its her birthday the same day
My Uncle - also has the same birthday
A post card or two for PostCrossing
I have 3 new pen pals to send letters to
I plan to send at least one fan mail letter to an author
I have 5 family members to send quick notes and Munchkin's school picture to
I have a couple of friends I would like to send letters to catch up
I hope to get some responses back too so I can send out additional response letters.
 
 
I hope you will join me, it is a great way to kick start your snail mail and letter writing off for the year, even if you aren't able to send something every day it is still fun to participate and see how everyone else does!
 
 
If you would like to receive a letter or note from me as well please email me (at easternsunset @ Hotmail dot com) with your name and address and if there is anything in particular you would like to know or chat about!
 
 
Let me know if you are joining in the fun too and feel free to friend me on the site, my username is @EasternSunset I will update there as often as I can with what I mail and I will try to also post regular updates on my Instagram @EasternSunset9.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of letters! I love it though. Getting real mail in the mailbox is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be a lot of fun. I have been sending out at least a dozen pieces of mail every month anyway so just a little step up. I think the hardest part is to remember to write and mail one piece each day (I have a tendency to write a bunch in one night).

      Delete