Friday, May 27, 2016

Bedtime Story: The Adventures of Beekle by Dan Santat

 
Synopsis: "This magical story begins on an island far away where an imaginary friend is born. He patiently waits his turn to be chosen by a real child, but when he is overlooked time and again, he sets off on an incredible journey to the bustling city, where he finally meets his perfect match and-at long last-is given his special name: Beekle.

New York Times bestselling and award-winning author and illustrator Dan Santat combines classic storytelling with breathtaking art, creating an unforgettable tale about friendship, imagination, and the courage to find one's place in the world."


My Review: I picked this book up last year when it was fairly new and it was rather popular. I finally got a chance to read it to Munchkin, and I think I ended up enjoying it more than he did. The illustrations are adorable and the story is cute and sentimental. I do feel like I may have read a book similar to this in the past. I think most kids would really enjoy this book, unfortunately it wasn't Munchkin's cup of tea.
 
 
My Rating: This was one of those books that got tons of hype when it first came out. And it was pretty cute but not anything crazy fantastic like they were making it out to be.  I do think it would make a super cute Pixar short though.  We give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment