Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Fun with Munchkin: Free Comic Book Day!

Celebrating Children's Book Week!
 
 
So I don't know how many of you have heard of this thing called Free Comic Book Day, but I discovered it last year just after the event.  I marked it on my calendar and have been planning the day ever since.  I decided it would be fun to bring Munchkin along, especially since this year Free Comic Book Day partnered up with Children's Book Week to kick off the celebrations.
 
 
So we got up and dressed early, Munchkin wasn't going to wear a costume but was all for the TMNT shirt.
 
We have the benefit of having several participating comic book stores around.  I figured one called the Toy Vault that specializes in vintage toys would be a good option, it is in the mall so there would be things to keep Munchkin busy if the line was too long.  We got there right after opening and there was only a few people in the store. I did a little shopping for GNs since there was great sales and then we went to the free boxes.  They were allowing only 1 comic per person but they had a great selection. We picked up the TMNT for Munchkin.
 
We then headed to another store and had to make it quick since it was getting close to Munchkin's nap time.  We arrived an hour after they were opened only to discover that they allow everyone to take 5 comics so there was only one option left and it definitely wasn't kid appropriate. Since I promised something to Munchkin I got him a Scrooge Duck comic (and got myself a couple more GNs). 
 
I wasn't able to get any pictures at the stores because trying to keep a toddler from clearing shelves takes every ounce of attention.  But here is Munchkin's little haul and my haul.

 
 
 
This will definitely be a lot more fun when Munchkin gets a little older. His nap kind of cut into the time, there was one more store I wanted to go to that was making a big deal and having costumes and giveaways but couldn't make it.  Hopefully, next year we will be a little better planned and know which places to go first!


No comments:

Post a Comment