Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Beginning Reader Review of Look for the Lorax by Tish Rabe

Celebrating Children's Book Week!
 
 
Synopsis: "Look out for the Lorax! Dr. Seuss's lovable grump makes his Step into Reading debut in this wonderland adventure through hills of green where the Truffula trees sway. Through easy words and simple sentences, the youngest readers will discover the Lorax's paradise, from singing Swomee-Swans to playful Bar-ba-loots."

My Review: We read this in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday. I was expecting a lot from this book with the Lorax being one of my favorite characters. Unfortunately if you aren't familiar with both the original book and movies it is hard to explain. It doesn't follow an actual story, it is more of a bunch of short lines, while that helps with some sight words and beginning readers, I think a story would have actually helped. Being titled Look for the Lorax you would think that he would be a major part of the book or at least be hidden on each page, but no such luck.
 
My Rating: I was a little disappointed that this book coordinated with the movie rather than the original book.  It still has simple lines and sight words for those early readers. I give it a rating of Two Paws and a Stump Wag.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment