Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Review of From My Heart to Yours by Michelle Zarrin

 
Synopsis: "Sofia, a young woman from a sheltered upbringing, is in for an unexpected ride when she marries Earl. As their stable union twists unnervingly through health issues, betrayal and shattered hearts, Sofia sheds layers of naivete, deepening her perspective of life. Beautiful life lessons learned from preschool children may heal her scars; but can they help her to endure the greatest tragedy of all? This story offers a powerful and inspiring journey into the soul.

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly. "-Anonymous"


My Review:  It was an interesting story about Sofia's struggles and triumphs in her adult life. I think many people can connect with her struggles and emotions (though maybe not all the exact same situations). I enjoyed Zarrin's writing style, it was very descriptive and flowed beautifully, it really kept the pages turning and made me envy the beauty Sofia found in the world around her. While I did enjoy how she handled the struggles in her marriage, and sought out the good in each day, I felt like the last two chapters really rushed through her healing process and then started to really suddenly push a particular meditation method and ideology. I don't want to give away too much and spoil the book for anyone else who might read it. The writing and the story are wonderful stories, I just would have preferred not to have included the last two chapters.
 
My Rating: I am having a hard time rating this book because it really was beautifully written and had some strong subject matter, but then it really rushed through a couple important events and then spent the entire last chapter on a meditation method. So I am going to have to give it a rating of Three Paws.
 
 
 
From My Heart to Yours was sent to me by the author for an honest review.
 
You can find out more about Michelle and her work on her Goodreads Page.
 
You can obtain your own copy in both digital and print format on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment