Friday, October 17, 2014

Bedtime Story: Meet My Cats by Lesley Anne Ivory

 
Synopsis: "The author introduces her many cats."


My Review: For some reason I remember this book being so much better as a kid. Maybe it was the illustrations (which I believe is the author's main job as she talks about one of the cats being her favorite subject to paint). The brief one page and disjointed descriptions of the cats doesn't really allow you time to really develop affection for them. All I could keep thinking as the author described all the cats was please spay and neuter your pets! That said, the illustrations were beautiful and Munchkin enjoyed making up who was the Daddy Kitty and Mommy Kitty and looking at the pictures.
 
My Rating: I find it interesting how a book I adored so much as a kid, did not appeal to me as an adult. Usually there is at least some kind of sentimentality to stay the enjoyment, but not in this case.  This is a book to get purely for the artwork.  I give it a rating of One Paw and a Stump Wag.
 
 
Good Night! Sweet Dreams!
 
 
 
A note: I feel like I need to make myself clear so that there is no confusion.  I have absolutely no issues with anyone having many cats, as long as they are well cared for. I also do not have an issue with responsible breeding of cats, but there are enough cats and kittens that need homes.  After working in a shelter for many years, specializing in the cats, so many pregnant cats and litters of kittens were brought in that could have been prevented by simply spaying and neutering pets.  Okay I will now get off my soap box.

No comments:

Post a Comment