Thursday, October 16, 2014

After Dark Review/Re-read of The Goddess of the Sea by PC Cast

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
 
 
 
Synopsis: "On the night of her twenty-fifth birthday, alone in her apartment, Air Force Sergeant Christine Canady wished for one thing: a little magic in her life. After drinking way too much champagne, she performed, of all crazy things, a goddess-summoning ritual, hoping that it would somehow make her life a little less ordinary...but she never believed the spell would actually work.

When her military plane crashes into the ocean, CC's mission overseas takes an unexpected turn. She awakens to find herself in a legendary time and place where magic rules the land—occupying the body of the mythic mermaid Undine. But there is danger in the waters and the goddess Gaea turns this modern, military gal into a beautiful damsel so that she can seek shelter on land.

CC is soon rescued (literally) by a knight in shining armor. She should be falling in love with this dream-come-true, but instead she aches for the sea and Dylan, the sexy merman who has stolen her heart."


My Review: I read this one a few years ago and have decided to re-read it. I found that it wasn't as good as the first time I read it. It seemed to be really drawn out unnecessarily. I still really enjoyed the characters, especially Dylan and CC. I found the ending to be great and rather emotional. It was a very interesting take on the little mermaid fairy tale.
 
My Rating: I enjoy retellings of fairy tales and myths, and this one intertwines them with a modern twist. It did drag a little at points and seemed longer than it needed but the good parts were good enough to smooth everything over. I give it a rating of Three Paws.
 
 
 
 
A little chit chat about this book and series:
 
I read this book and several other books in this series some time ago. I remember really enjoying them, but this one wasn't as good as the first time, maybe I am just too distracted to really sit down and enjoy all the elements in this book.  With that said this book kicked off a very fun series and really got me interested in myth/fairy tale retellings. I love putting modern women into these ancient situations to really shake things up!

No comments:

Post a Comment